There are several options when it comes to financing a new car. For many prospective customers, it would mean you can simply breeze your way into a bank or dealership and get approved for an auto loan without any fuss. However, it gets a bit trickier for a Canadian with a low or no credit history. When the banks say “no,” there are alternative ways to get car finance.
There are providers that specialize in helping customers with bad credit, and they can help you get approved for financing a vehicle that fits your budget and lifestyle. With bad credit auto finance, a customer not only gets into the driver’s seat of a new car but also gets an opportunity to rebuild their credit history.
While there are a few considerations to be mindful of, there are plenty of ways to boost your chances of getting approved for auto finance. Let us start by stating the obvious: your credit history is important. Maybe you didn’t know that then, but you do now.
Whether you are seeking to finance a car, or applying for a mortgage, your credit score traditionally decides whether you get approved or declined at crucial moments in your life. But if your credit score is bad now, do not worry, you can improve it and, in the meantime, you can still get pre-approved for a car loan with Bad credit car loan in – Toronto
Bad Credit Guide for Canadians
You just need to know where to look. Here are a few tips that could help you secure approval for car finance with poor credit.
- Get hold of your budget – If you want to find vehicle options that fit your budget, you should form an idea of how much you can afford every month. Be realistic. If you already own a vehicle that you want to trade in for something newer, your trade-in vehicle will lower your monthly payment. To get the best rates possible it may be time to start thinking about creating monthly budgets, paying off debts, and allocating the rest towards savings. If your monthly expenses outweigh your current income, it’s time to reach out to a credit counsellor.
- Trust yourself with a Co-signer – A co-signer is a person – such as a parent, close family member, or friend, who pledges to pay back the loan if you do not. This can be a benefit both to you and your lender. Co-signing gives your lender additional assurance that the loan will be repaid and you might get a better interest rate.
- Think about getting a used vehicle – If you want to get approved finance on a great deal, look in the used car market. It’s extremely robust in bad credit Canada, so whether you want a truck, SUV, or passenger car, you’re bound to find what you’re looking for there. You will get almost all the benefits of a new car but at a lower purchase price. The lower price means you will pay less money in interest too, so long as you negotiate a reasonable interest rate.
- Consider Down payment – Decide whether or not you want to make a down payment and how much your down payment should be. The down payment is a percentage of the purchase price paid upfront. With a down payment, your chances of approval for financing the vehicle are even higher. A down payment covers the gap between the sale price of the vehicle and its value once it leaves the dealership. But a down payment is not possible for everyone, and there are also no money-down options you can explore with us.
- Think about a secured loan: A secured loan, where you put up collateral such as a savings account or a credit card, can increase your chances of getting approved for auto finance. The collateral acts as security for the lender, reducing their risk. Remember, getting approved for an auto loan with Bad credit car loan in – Ottawa may come with higher interest rates and fees, so be sure to compare offers carefully and choose the one that is best for your financial situation.
- Shop around for lenders: Not all lenders have the same standards for approval, so it’s a good idea to shop around and compare offers from multiple lenders. You may want to consider working with a specialist auto financing lender that focuses on helping people with credit.
- Get pre-approved online – Many people are denied simply because they focus on cars that are out of their price range. Once you’re pre-approved, you will have a price range to shop with, giving you a better chance of getting approved for a car with zero down payment. Knowing your budget before going to a dealership can save you a lot of time too because it takes the guesswork out of the process. The Auto Providers, with their network of dealerships across the country, can get you approved for a vehicle that you can afford.
- Improve your credit score – If you are not looking to finance a vehicle soon, then, take steps to improve your credit score before applying for an bad credit auto loan. This may include paying off outstanding debts, disputing errors on your credit report, avoiding new credit inquiries, and allocating the rest toward savings.
Regardless of your credit rating, we know how to get you in the driver’s seat of a vehicle you’ll love and at a price that makes sense! The Auto Providers are sure to get you approved for a vehicle that you can afford.
With thousands of dealerships and happy customers across Canada, we do everything possible to get you bad credit on the road in as little as 48 hours! Apply online bad credit today using our quick, secure, and free application to see what you qualify for before you start shopping.